1. According to the AICPA, a working knowledge of the legal environment is a core forensic accounting skill.
2. Each of the following is a function of law except:
a. Preservation of the state
b. Ensuring fairness is achieved in all trials
c. Protection of property
d. Dispute resolution
3. The judicial process is administered and managed by the trial attorneys.
4. A juror is permitted to conduct personal research in an effort to obtain additional information regarding a case.
5. Each of the following is a division of public law except:
a. Contract law
b. Criminal law
c. Administrative law
d. Constitutional law
6. Divisions of private law that commonly involve the services of forensic accountants include all of the following except:
a. Partnership law
b. Tort law
c. Sales law
d. Contract law
e. All of the above are divisions of private law
7. Television programs and movies present realistic portrayals of how the U. S. judicial system works.
8. Which of the following is a specific stage in a civil trial?
a. Opening remarks stage
b. Juror testimony stage
c. Pleading stage
d. None of the above is a stage in a civil trial
9. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure govern the way in which information is gathered in a civil action. These rules are applicable to which stage of a civil case?
a. Jury deliberations
c. Juror selection
10. Rule 26(a) (2) requires that all expert opinions, such as those of a forensic accountant, be disclosed to the op-posing party during the discovery stage.