1. All communications between an audit firm and the client must be reported to the audit committee.
2. Senior management must report changes in securities ownership within five days.
3. A section 404 compliance certification includes an assessment of a company’s internal controls by corporate management.
4. Whistle-blowers are protected from recriminations and retaliation only if the alleged charges lead to criminal charges being filed against the wrongdoers.
5. Federal sentencing guidelines can be reduced if the organization maintains an ethics and compliance program.
6. Under federal sentencing guidelines, a judge has no discretion to modify the assigned sentence.