1. Create a decision table that describes the discount rules.
2. Simplify the table you just created. Describe the results.
3. Draw a simplified decision tree that shows the discount rules.
4. What are the pros and cons of using a decision table versus a decision tree
The company uses several factors to set discounts, as follows:
• A student who has taken a safe driver course earns a 5% discount.
• A student with a clean record (no tickets or accidents in the last three years) earns a 5% discount.
• A student who is 23 or older earns a 5% discount
• A student who meets all three conditions (has taken a safe driver course and has a clean record and is 23) earns an additional bonus discount of 5%.