1. How do the different players in the movie rental value chain provide and capture value?
2. What factors led to Netflix’s growth? How should Blockbuster have responded to the challenge posed by Netflix?
3. What factors led to Red box’s growth? How and why was it able to capture market already dominated by big players such as Blockbuster and Netflix?
4. What are key success factors in the movie rental business? How do Redbox, Blockbuster, and Netflix compare along those dimensions?
5. How would you advise these companies to modify their strategies and structures going forward?