1. How does Gandhi describe “the religion that underlies all religions”?
2. What is Gandhi’s argument for his belief in the goodness of God? Is his argument persuasive?
3. What does Gandhi mean when he says that to see the spirit of truth; one must be able to love the meanest creation as oneself?
4. Why does Gandhi think that ahimsa (nonviolence) and self-purification are important?
5. Is Gandhi right that religions are different roads converging on the same point?
6. Why does Gandhi think that there are so many different religions and so many different conceptions of God?
7. What is the one unifying element of the world’s diverse religions, according to Gandhi?