1. How does King explain the connection between racial and economic injustice?
2. How are King’s ideas based in Christianity?
3. What did King learn from Gandhi?
4. What does King mean when he says “true pacifism is not nonresistance to evil, but nonviolent resistance to evil”?
5. What does nonviolent protest look like according to King?
6. How does King explain the ethic of love and how it differs from the chain of hate?
7. What is agape, according to King—and how is it connected to his interpretation of Christianity?
8. Why does a commitment to nonviolence rely upon faith in the idea that “the universe is on the side of justice”?