1. In the communication process, the sender is the only communicator.
2. Each of the following is a channel of communication except:
a. Face- to- face
c. Voice tonal quality
3. For a communication to be understood, it must be properly:
4. Noise is a communication constraint. Each of the following is a type of noise except:
a. Bad phone connection
c. The nature of the allegation
d. Attitude of the sender
5. An active listener demonstrates each of the following attributes except:
a. Anticipates questions while the speaker is talking
b. Allows the speaker to finish his or her statement
c. Repeats the interviewee’s statement by paraphrasing the message
d. Searches for a balance between an interviewee’s words and his or her body language
6. Most experts believe that the hands display more emotion than any other part of the body.
7. Which of the following might be considered an indication of hostility?
a. Palms extended upward
b. Rubbing one’s face
c. Pointing a figure
d. Shaking one’s head
8. You are sitting at a table talking to your instructor, and he or she is leaning toward you. This may be an indication of what?
9. Stress is defined as an emotional and physical strain caused by one’s response to pressure from the outside world.
10. Stress can manifest itself through either physical or emotional symptoms.