1. In what ways is Ingvar Kamprad a manager? In what ways is he a leader?
2. Describe the nature of followership that Kamprad seems to have encouraged at IKEA.
3. Using the Leadership Grid and its underlying leader behaviors of ‘concern for results’ and ‘concern for people,’ explain the leadership orientation of Ingvar Kamprad.
4. Use the concepts of transactional, transformational, charismatic, and authentic leaders to describe the leadership of Ingvar Kamprad.
5. What are the key leadership lessons provided by Kamprad’s experiences?
6. What skills would you personally need to develop or refine to become a leader like Kamprad? What could you do to develop or refine these skills?