1. What effect does the outcome of this case have on Redmond’s ability to earn a living? Should PepsiCo have to re-hire him?
2. Suppose Redmond had been terminated by PepsiCo before he was hired by Quaker. Do you think this case would be decided differently? Should it be?
3. If you were offered a job by PepsiCo, what impact would cases like Redmond have on your decision?
4. Assume that you are starting a new company to produce computer software and need to hire engineers and computer analysts. What impact might decisions like this one have on your hiring process?
5. Does Redmond’s willingness to sell his expertise to the highest bidder violate your sense of commercial morality?