1. What four characteristics of deep ecology does Guha list?
2. What are his criticisms of the four?
3. Why does he think the emphasis on wilderness preservation is harmful?
4. What problems does he have with the invocation of Eastern religions?
5. How is deep ecology related to consumerism?
6. How do Indian environmental views and German green movements better reflect a good environmentalism, according to Guha?
7. How does he believe that elements of deep ecology favor the rich and urban elite in the third world?
8. What point does Guha want to make with the reference to J. K. Galbraith?