(1) What rationale might the funeral homes have used to get the legislature to pass a law providing them a monopoly in selling caskets?
(2) How much money would the funeral homes devote to fighting the monks?
(3) Why would the funeral homes attack the monks but not go after Costco and Walmart?
(4) Most crematories require that the body at least be enclosed and in an acceptably rigid container. This container or casket must be strong enough to assure the protection of the health and safety of the operator. It should provide a proper covering for the body and meet reasonable standards of respect and dignity. Why would crematories require the body be enclosed in “an acceptably rigid container”?
(5) Explain how a small group like the funeral home directors can get government to provide them monopoly rights to various transactions.