1. What theories from this chapter are revealed through the case?
2. How did Gore’s “sponsors” program facilitate the creation of high-quality relationships among leaders, sponsors, and associates?
3. Evaluate followership at W. L. Gore & Associates. What company actions and/or policies account for the quality of followership?
4. Would you characterize the leadership style at W. L. Gore & Associates as job-centered or employee-centered? Support your answer.
5. Based on the types of power discussed in the text, what type(s) of power do sponsors have in their relationships with associates?
6. What role, if any, does coaching play in W. L. Gore’s lattice structure?