1. What were the attorney’s acts of misconduct? Which of those acts really bothered the Court?
2. If the attorney originally told the ethics committee that he was never going to practice law again, why did he fight the disbarment?
3. What makes alcoholism, or other chemical addictions, a mitigating factor in attorney discipline?
4. Do you think addictions should be mitigating factors for surgeons or air traffic controllers who have committed wrongful professional acts? Why or why not?
5. Assuming the attorney suffered from alcoholism, why did the Court disbar him?