1. Where is the conflict of interest in this CME relationship?
2. Do you think doctors are likely to be influenced by such promotional tactics? Why or why not?
3. If the pharmaceutical company is paying for the event, shouldn’t it have the right to promote its products at the event? Why or why not?
4. Pfizer stated in 2008 that it would only support medical education put on by hospitals and professional medical associations. How can it then justify the Stanford grant?
5. Has Pfizer simply replaced one conflict of interest with another? Why or why not?
6. Propose an alternative approach to ensure that CME is provided without a conflict of interest.