Question: A bond issued by Standard Oil worked as follows The
A bond issued by Standard Oil worked as follows. The holder received no interest. At the bond’s maturity the company promised to pay $1,000 plus an additional amount based on the price of oil at that time. The additional amount was equal to the product of 170 and the excess (if any) of the price of a barrel of oil at maturity over $25. The maximum additional amount paid was $2,550 (which corresponds to a price of $40 per barrel). Show that the bond is a combination of a regular bond, a long position in call options on oil with a strike price of $25, and a short position in call options on oil with a strike price of $40.
Answer to relevant QuestionsThe price of gold is currently $1,500 per ounce. The forward price for delivery in one year is $1,700. An arbitrageur can borrow money at 10% per annum. What should the arbitrageur do? Assume that the cost of storing gold is ...A stock price has an expected return of 9% and a volatility of 25%. It is currently $40. What is the probability that it will be less than $30 in 18 months? Suppose that a bank has $10 billion of one-year loans and $30 billion of five-year loans. These are financed by $35 billion of one-year deposits and $5 billion of five-year deposits. The bank has equity totaling $2 billion ...Suppose that the parameters in a GARCH(1,1) model are = 0.03, = 0.95 and = 0.000002. (a) What is the long-run average volatility? (b) If the current volatility is 1.5% per day, what is your estimate of ...Suppose that each of two investments has a 4% chance of a loss of $10 million, a 2% chance of a loss of $1 million, and a 94% chance of a profit of $1 million. They are independent of each other. (a) What is the VaR for one ...
Post your question