Question: A commuter finds that she waits an average of 14 8
A commuter finds that she waits an average of 14.8 seconds at each of five stoplights, with a standard deviation of 9.2 seconds. Find the mean and the standard deviation of the total amount of time she waits at all five lights. What, if anything, did you assume?
Answer to relevant QuestionsFor warranty purposes, analysts want to model the number of defects on a screen of the new tablet they are manufacturing. Let X = the number of defective pixels per screen. If X can be modeled by: a) What is the expected ...Mary is deciding whether to book the cheaper flight home college after her final exams, but she’s unsure when her last exam will be. She thinks there is only a 20% chance that the exam will be scheduled after the last day ...A salesman normally makes a sale (closes) on 80% of his presentations. Assuming the presentations are independent, find the probability of each of the following. a) He fails to close for the first time on his fifth ...In an effort to check the quality of their cell phones, a manufacturing manager decides to take a random sample of 10 cell phones from yesterday’s production run, which produced cell phones with serial numbers ranging ...Given independent random variables, X and Y, with means and standard deviations as shown, find the mean and standard deviation of each of the variables in parts a to d. a) 3X b) Y + 6 c) X+ Y d) X-Y
Post your question