Question: A futures price is currently at 40 The risk free interest
A futures price is currently at $40. The risk-free interest rate is 5%. Some news is expected tomorrow that will cause the volatility over the next three months to be either 10% or 30%. There is a 60% chance of the first outcome and a 40% chance of the second outcome. Use the DerivaGem software to calculate a volatility smile for three-month options.
Answer to relevant QuestionsAn investment bank has been asked to underwrite an issue of 10 million shares by a company. It is trying to decide between a firm commitment where it buys the shares for $10 per share and a best efforts where it charges a ...A hedge funds charges 2 plus 20%. A pension fund invests in the hedge fund. Plot the return to the pension fund as a function of the return to the hedge fund. An investor owns 10,000 shares of a particular stock. The current market price is $80. What is the ``worst case'' value of the portfolio in six months. For the purposes of this question, define the worst case value of the ...Suppose that daily gains (losses) are normally distributed with standard deviation of $5 million. (a) Estimate the minimum regulatory capital the bank is required to hold. (Assume a multiplicative factor of 4.0.) (b) ...Assume that in Business Snapshot 27.1, the change in the three-month Euribor rate in each quarter, is normally distributed with mean zero and a standard deviation equal to x basis points. Use Monte Carlo simulation (500 ...
Post your question