Question: A software company is about to release three new software
A software company is about to release three new software programs, one from each of three very distinct business divisions. The first program is a new game aimed at 15-to 25-year-olds.Its probability of succeeding is estimated to be 0.34. The second program is an accounting application for small business. Its probability of succeeding is estimated to be 0.12. The third program is a payroll system designed for government organizations. Its probability of succeeding is 0.10. ("Success" is defined as earning enough profits to fully recover development, production, and marketing costs within one year.) What is the probability that all three software programs will succeed? What is the probability that at least two out of three of them will succeed? You may assume that the success of each product is independent of the success of the others.
Answer to relevant QuestionsDraw a fully labelled tree diagram for the GeorgeConn customer data at the beginning of the chapter (Exhibit 4.5). Notice that the end-stage probabilities are the ones that show up in the cells of the related joint ...On the first day of class, a statistics teacher asked the class to choose one of the following items as the best description of their previous experience in math courses. • Loved previous math courses • Worked very hard ...At the beginning of each year, an investment newsletter predicts whether or not the stock market will rise over the following year. Historical evidence reveals that there is a 60% chance of the market rising, in any given ...GeorgeConn has 100 employees. There are 60 men and 40 women. Of these, 25 of the women and 30 of the men have a Business diploma. One employee is randomly selected. What is the probability of the following outcomes? a. ...Suppose that there is an 80% probability that a caller will be directly connected when he or she calls a computer help line and a 20% probability the caller will be forced to wait while listening to a recorded message. ...
Post your question