A survey by an electric company contains questions on the following:
1. Age of household head.
2. Sex of household head.
3. Number of people in household.
4. Use of electric heating (yes or no).
5. Number of large appliances used daily.
6. Thermostat setting in winter.
7. Average number of hours heating is on.
8. Average number of heating days.
9. Household income.
10. Average monthly electric bill.
11. Ranking of this electric company as compared with two previous electricity suppliers.
Describe the variables implicit in these 11 items as quantitative or qualitative, and describe the scales of measurement.