Access the March 23, 2009 filing of the 10-K report (for fiscal year ending January 31, 2009) of J. Crew Group, Inc., at WWW.SEC.gov.
1. Does J. Crew use the direct or indirect method to construct its consolidated statement of cash flows?
2. For the fiscal year ended January 31, 2009, what is the largest item in reconciling the net income to net cash provided by operating activities?
3. In the recent three years, has the company been more successful in generating operating cash flows or in generating net income? Identify the figures to support the answer.
4. In the year ended January 31, 2009, what was the largest cash outflow for investing activities and for financing activities?
5. What item(s) does J. Crew report as supplementary cash flow information?
6. Does J. Crew report any noncash financing activities for fiscal year 2009? Identify them, if any.