Access the text companion website by going to www.cengagebrain.com and entering the text author's name or ISBN in the search box, and clicking on the `Access Now' link under Study Tools. At the companion website, click on the link titled "Internet Exercise." Read the article on "kaizen" from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. After reading the entry, answer the following questions:
1. What is the meaning of kaizen?
2. What is the goal of kaizen?
3. What was the basis of the "kaizen revolution" that took place in Japan in the 1950s?
4. How does kaizen differ from the "command and control" improvement programs of the mid-twentieth century?
5. How does the Toyota Production System apply kaizen to its production operations?