Question: Although the AMT is meant to prevent high income taxpayers from
Although the AMT is meant to prevent high-income taxpayers from using tax shelters to avoid paying tax, why might married taxpayers with several children living in a state with high state income taxes and property taxes (e.g., California or New York) find themselves paying AMT?
Answer to relevant QuestionsWhy has the AMT become a controversial tax in recent ...Nikkie and Jean have two children, Richard (age 4) and Roberta (age 3). For purposes of the parental tax, Richard has net unearned income of $6,000 and Roberta has net unearned income of $4,000. Assuming that their total ...On February 2, 2014, Alexandra purchases a personal computer for her home. The computer cost $3,000. Alexandra uses the computer 80 percent of the time in her accounting business, and the remaining 20 percent of the time for ...JBC Corporation is owned 20 percent by John, 30 percent by Brian, 30 percent by Charlie, and 20 percent by Z Corporation. Z Corporation is owned 80 percent by John and 20 percent by an unrelated party. Brian and Charlie are ...Larry and Lisa Williams, both 33 years old, have been married for 9 years. They live at 638 Arctic Way, Fairbanks, AK 99701. Lisa’s Social Security number is 445-81-1423 and Larry’s is 798-09-8526. Larry is the president ...
Post your question