As a successful sales manager at Ford of Damocles a
As a successful sales manager at Ford of Damocles, a large auto dealership in Damocles, Ohio, you believe there’s a 30% chance that you’re going to be promoted this week to Assistant VP (Event A1) and a 70% chance that you won’t (Event A2 ). You also believe that if you are going to be promoted, your boss is 80% likely to give you a friendly greeting (Event B) when you arrive at work today. If you’re not going to be promoted, the probability of a friendly greeting drops to 5%. When you arrive at work, your boss gives you a friendly greeting.
a. Use Bayes’ theorem to revise your prior probability that you will be promoted.
b. Show the appropriate probability tree to confrm your answer in part a.
Membership TRY NOW
  • Access to 800,000+ Textbook Solutions
  • Ask any question from 24/7 available
    Tutors
  • Live Video Consultation with Tutors
  • 50,000+ Answers by Tutors
OR
Relevant Tutors available to help