Question: Assume that on average 95 of all ticket holders show
Assume that, on average, 95% of all ticket holders’ show up for a flight. If a plane seats 200 people, how many tickets should be sold to make the chance of an overbooked flight as close as possible to 5%?
Answer to relevant QuestionsSuppose that 55% of all people prefer Coke to Pepsi. We randomly choose 500 people and ask them if they prefer Coke to Pepsi. What is the probability that our survey will (erroneously) indicate that Pepsi is preferred by ...Many firms utilize sampling plans to control the quality of manufactured items ready for shipment. To illustrate the use of a sampling plan, suppose that a particular company produces and ships electronic computer chips in ...A woman claims that she is a fortune-teller. Specifically, she claims that she can predict the direction of the change (up or down) in the Dow Jones Industrial Average for the next 10 days (such as U, U, D, U, D, U, U, D, D, ...The manager of a local fast-food restaurant is interested in improving the service provided to customers who use the restaurant’s drive-up window. As a first step in this process, the manager asks his assistant to record ...In the financial world, there are many types of complex instruments called derivatives that derive their value from the value of an underlying asset. Consider the following simple derivative. A stock’s current price is $80 ...
Post your question