Presented below are selected accounts of Aramis Company at Decem
Presented below are selected accounts of Aramis Company at December 31, 2012.
The following additional information is available.
1. Inventories are valued at lower-of-cost-or-market using LIFO.
2. Equipment is recorded at cost. Accumulated depreciation, computed on a straight-line basis, is $50,600.
3. The short-term investments have a fair value of $29,000. (Assume they are trading securities.)
4. The notes receivable are due April 30, 2014, with interest receivable every April 30. The notes bear interest at 6%. (Hint: Accrue interest due on December 31, 2012.)
5. The allowance for doubtful accounts applies to the accounts receivable. Accounts receivable of $50,000 are pledged as collateral on a bank loan.
6. Licenses are recorded net of accumulated amortization of $14,000.
7. Treasury stock is recorded at cost.
Prepare the current assets section of Aramis Companyâs December 31, 2012, balance sheet, with appropriatedisclosures.
Customers who bought this product also purchased