(Single-step Income Statement) The financial records of
(Single-step Income Statement) The financial records of LeRoi Jones Inc. were destroyed by fire at the end of 2004. Fortunately the controller had kept certain statistical data related to the income statement as presented below.
1. The beginning merchandise inventory was $92,000 and decreased 20% during the current year.
2. Sales discounts amount to $17,000.
3. 20,000 shares of common stock were outstanding for the entire year.
4. Interest expense was $20,000.
5. The income tax rate is 30%.
6. Cost of goods sold amounts to $500,000.
7. Administrative expenses are 20% of cost of goods sold but only 8% of gross sales.
8. Four-fifths of the operating expenses relate to sales activities. From the foregoing information prepare an income statement for the year 2004 in single-step form.