Question: Cadmium a heavy metal is toxic to animals Mushrooms however

Cadmium, a heavy metal, is toxic to animals. Mushrooms, however, are able to absorb and accumulate cadmium at high concentrations. The Czech and Slovak governments have set a safety limit for cadmium in dry vegetables at 0.5 part per million (ppm). M. Melgar et al. measured the cadmium levels in a random sample of the edible mushroom Boletus pinicola and published the results in the paper "Influence of Some Factors in Toxicity and Accumulation of Cd from Edible Wild Macrofungi in NW Spain" (Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Vol. B33(4), pp. 439-455). Here are the data.
At the 5% significance level, do the data provide sufficient evidence to conclude that the mean cadmium level in Boletus pinicola mushrooms is greater than the government's recommended limit of 0.5 ppm? Assume that the population standard deviation of cadmium levels in Boletus pinicola mushrooms is 0.37 ppm.

View Solution:

Sale on SolutionInn
  • CreatedAugust 13, 2015
  • Files Included
Post your question