COBIT identifies 34 IT processes and a high- level approach to control over these processes. The following is the process description of AI2 “Acquire and Maintain Application Software.” Applications are made available in line with business requirements. This process covers the design of the applications, the proper inclusion of application controls and security requirements, and the development and configuration in line with standards. This allows organizations to properly support business operations with the correct automated applications.
The following items, in random order, are the outcome measures and performance indicators shown for AI2 “Acquire and Maintain Application Software.” Classify each item as an outcome measure or performance indicator.
1. Average time to deliver functionality based on measures such as function points or lines of code
2. Average programming effort to deliver functionality based on measures such as function points or lines of code
3. Number of production problems per application causing visible downtime
4. Reported defects per month (per function point)
5. Percent of application software projects with a software QA plan developed and executed
6. Percent of application software projects with appropriate review and approval of
7. Percent of development projects on time and on budget
8. Percent of development effort spent maintaining existing applications