Conner Company makes and sells brooms and mops. It takes the following actions, not necessarily in the order given below.
For each action (1–5 below), state whether it is a planning decision or a control decision.
1. Conner asks its marketing team to consider ways to get back market share from its newest competitor, Swiffer.
2. Conner calculates market share after introducing its newest product.
3. Conner compares costs it actually incurred with costs it expected to incur for the production of the new product.
4. Conner’s design team proposes a new product to compete directly with the Swiffer.
5. Conner estimates the costs it will incur to sell 30,000 units of the new product in the first quarter of the next fiscal year.