Question: During 2011 its first year of operations Hollis Industries rec
During 2011, its first year of operations, Hollis Industries recorded sales of $10,600,000 and experienced returns of $720,000. Cost of goods sold totaled $6,360,000 (60% of sales). The company estimates that 8% of all sales will be returned. Prepare the year-end adjusting journal entries to account for anticipated sales returns.
Answer to relevant QuestionsThe following information relates to a company's accounts receivable: accounts receivable balance at the beginning of the year, $300,000; allowance for uncollectible accounts at the beginning of the year, $25,000 (credit ...Logitech Corporation transferred $100,000 of accounts receivable to a local bank. The transfer was made without recourse. The local bank remits 85% of the factored amount to Logitech and retains the remaining 15%. When the ...Tracy Company, a manufacturer of air conditioners, sold 100 units to Thomas Company on November 17, 2011. The units have a list price of $600 each, but Thomas was given a 30% trade discount. The terms of the sale were 2/10, ...On June 30, 2011, the Esquire Company sold some merchandise to a customer for $30,000. In payment, Esquire agreed to accept a 6% note requiring the payment of interest and principal on March 31, 2012. The 6% rate is ...Weldon Corporation's fiscal year ends December 31. The following is a list of transactions involving receivables that occurred during 2011:Mar. 17 Accounts receivable of $1,700 were written off as uncollectible. The company ...
Post your question