Question: Fischer was a guest at the Red Lion Inn where
Fischer was a guest at the Red Lion Inn, where he was attending a seminar. He went for a swim at the end of the first day of the seminar and then, still in his wet bathing suit, went directly to the vending machine to purchase a bottle of pop. When he inserted the money into the vending machine, he received an electrical shock because of defective wiring. The electric shock was so severe that it left him impotent, as confirmed by a doctor. Fischer sued Pepsi Cola Bottling Company, owner of the vending machines at the inn, for negligence. He claimed that Pepsi, although aware of the electrical problems that made the use of the machines dangerous, did not “pull” routine maintenance to correct these problems. Should Fischer be successful in his lawsuit?
Answer to relevant QuestionsKimberly Dickerson entered a Wal- Mart Store in Jefferson Parish in Louisiana with some friends. Kimberly left her friends and went to the area of the store that sold stamp albums. She purchased the stamp album and a pack of ...A Native American tribe entered into a construction contract with C & L Enterprises ( C & L) to install a roof on a tribe- owned commercial building in Oklahoma. The property lies outside the tribe’s reservation. The ...What are some of the problems that the losing party in a civil lawsuit can encounter if he or she decides to appeal the decision of the lower court? Tankel started a lawn- cutting service business. He randomly selected names from the phone book and sent notices to these individuals stating that he agreed to cut their lawns based on lawn size plus a 15 percent profit. He ...Park used her digital recorder to record an offer she wished to make to Reape by mail. Her secretary typed the offer and placed it on Park’s desk for Park to review. Before the offer had been sent to Reape, Park called ...
Post your question