For each of the following situations, tell which form of communication you would use. Then ask the same question of someone who has been in the workforce for at least ten years. For any differences that occur, ask the worker to explain why his or her choice is better than yours. Do you agree with his or her assessment? Why or why not?
• Describing complex changes in how healthcare benefits are calculated and administered to every employee of a large firm
• Asking your boss a quick question about how she wants something done
• Telling customers that a new two-for-one promotion is available at your store
• Reprimanding an employee for excessive absences on the job
• Reminding workers that no smoking is allowed in your facility