For each of the situations listed, identify the primary standard from the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice that is violated (competence, confidentiality, integrity, or credibility).
1. Shawn, an accountant at the Booth Corporation, did not attend the training for the new activity- based costing system because he figures it will not be much different from the current allocation system.
2. Joanna receives an iPod from a salesman at a lean consulting group. She keeps the iPod, even though she knows that her department will be responsible for hiring a consulting firm to come in to offer lean training sessions next year.
3. Noah, the plant manager, does not disclose the quality issues he is aware of in the current production process. He figures that he can get them resolved in the next few months.
4. Connery Corporation has an activity- based costing system. Percy prepares reports each month that are long and full of facts. The reports are hard to understand for anyone but Percy.
5. Perkins Company operates in highly competitive environment and has developed some proprietary processes that allow it to maintain a market lead. Simon, the CFO, does not have employees sign non- disclosure agreements because he feels that they are all family. He avoids talking about the topic.