For each of the situations listed, identify the primary standard from the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice that is violated (competence, confidentiality, integrity, or credibility).
1. Dawn works in the Accounting Department at White Star Consulting. She does not disclose that one of the companies bidding on a contract to provide payroll services for White Star employs her daughter.
2. This quarter, the company switched from using the FIFO method of process costing to the weighted- average method of process costing. Clarke, the chief accountant, did not disclose the change in methods in the reports because he did not want to have to justify the change.
3. Darla Cortez is a bubbly, fun person. She continually makes recommendations one day after the recommendations were needed. She figures that the managers will tolerate the tardiness of the recommendations because the recommendations are well researched and she gets along with everyone.
4. At a party, Kelvin gets carried away with bragging about the production process that he has helped to develop at his company. A party- goer who works for a competitor overhears.
5. Process costing has always confused Amber, an accountant for Griffith Corporation. At the end of the year, she just accepts the bookkeeper’s numbers for ending inventory and cost of goods sold even though the bookkeeper does not have formal training in process costing.