Francisco Company uses the columnar cash journals illustrated in the
Francisco Company uses the columnar cash journals illustrated in the textbook. In
April, the following selected cash transactions occurred.
1. Made a refund to a customer as an allowance for damaged goods.
2. Received collection from customer within the 3% discount period.
3. Purchased merchandise for cash.
4. Paid a creditor within the 3% discount period.
5. Received collection from customer after the 3% discount period had expired.
6. Paid freight on merchandise purchased.
7. Paid cash for office equipment.
8. Received cash refund from supplier for merchandise returned.
9. Withdrew cash for personal use of owner.
10. Made cash sales.
(a) The journal,
(b) The columns in the journal that should be used in recording each transaction.
Answer to Similar Book
Hasselback Company has the following selected transactions during March.Mar. 2 Purchased equipment costing $7,400 from Bole Company on account.5 Received credit of $410 from Carwell Company for merchandise damaged in ...Selected account balances for Hulse Company at January 1, 2014, are presented below.Accounts Payable ........ $14,000Accounts Receivable ....... 22,000Cash ............... 17,000Inventory .............. 13,500Hulse’s ...Belt Company’s chart of accounts includes the following selected accounts.101 Cash 112 Accounts Receivable 120 Inventory 301 Owner’s Capital401 Sales Revenue414 Sales Discounts505 Cost of Goods SoldOn June 1, the ...Wiemers Products Company operates three divisions, each with its own manufacturing plant and marketing/sales force. The corporate headquarters and central accounting office are in Wiemers, and the plants are in Freeport, ...Farr Co. elects to use the percentage-of-sales basis in 2014 to record bad debt expense. It estimates that 2% of net credit sales will become uncollectible. Sales revenues are $800,000 for 2014, sales returns and allowances ...