Question: Hickock Mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine
Hickock Mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine. The mine has 48,000 ounces of gold left that can be mined, and mining operations will produce 6,000ounces per year. The required return on the gold mine is 12%, and it will cost $34million to open the mine. When the mine is opened, the company will sign a contract that will guarantee the price of gold for the remaining life of the mine. If the mine is opened today, each ounce of gold will generate an aftertax cash flow of $1400 per ounce. I the company waits one year, there is a 60% probability that the contract price will generate an aftertax cash flow of $1,600 per ounce and a 40% probability that the aftertax cash flow will be $1,300 per ounce. What is the NPV in one year to wait, NPV today for waiting. What is the value of the option to wait?
Answer to relevant QuestionsYou have purchased a new warehouse. To finance the purchase, you've arranged for a 30-year mortgage loan for 80% of the $2,900,000 purchase price. The monthly payment on this loan will be $15,000. What is the APR on this ...Describe why or why not a federal law requiring all state to provide a mental health evaluation for people seeking gun would be permissible?Consider the different forms that arguments can take. As you prepare for this Discussion, be sure to focus on rules one through seven presented in Chapter 1.With these thoughts in mind:Select two of the rules that either you ...Summarize the differences between tax financing and bond financing, and, thinking like an economist and not a politician, explain the circumstances wherein each means of financing is best suited.Explain the difference between "rational self-interest" and "greed".
Post your question