Question: Hickock Mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine
Hickock Mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine. The mine has 48,000 ounces of gold left that can be mined, and mining operations will produce 6,000 ounces per year. The required return on the gold mine is 12 percent, and it will cost $34 million to open the mine. When the mine is opened, the company will sign a contract that will guarantee the price of gold for the remaining life of the mine. If the mine is opened today, each ounce of gold will generate an after-tax cash flow of $1,400 per ounce. If the company waits one year, there is a 60 percent probability that the contract price will generate an after-tax cash flow of $1,600 per ounce and a 40 percent probability that the after-tax cash flow will be $1,300 per ounce. What is the value of the option to wait?
Answer to relevant QuestionsIn Problem 9.1, suppose the projections given for price, quantity, variable costs, and fixed costs are all accurate to within ±10 percent. Calculate the best-case and worst case NPV figures. In Problem 1 Lockhart ...Suppose a stock had an initial price of $92 per share, paid a dividend of $1.45 per share during the year, and had an ending share price of $104. Compute the percentage total return. Using the following returns, calculate the average returns, variances, and standard deviations for X and Y: You own a portfolio that has $1,900 invested in stock A and $2,300 invested in stock B. If the expected returns on these stocks are 10 percent and 15 percent, respectively, what is the expected return on the portfolio? In Problem 13.10, suppose the company’s stock has a beta of 1.2. The risk-free rate is 3.1 percent, and the market risk premium is 7 percent. Assume that the overall cost of debt is the weighted average implied by the two ...
Post your question