Question: In a small town two lawn companies fertilize lawns during
In a small town, two lawn companies fertilize lawns during the summer. Tri-State Lawn Service has 72% of the market. Thirty percent of the lawns fertilized by Tri-State could be rated as very healthy one month after service. Green chem has the other 28% of the market. Twenty percent of the lawns fertilized by Green chem could be rated as very healthy one month after service. A lawn that has been treated with fertilizer by one of these companies within the last month is selected randomly. If the lawn is rated as very healthy, what are the revised probabilities that Tri-State or Green chem treated the lawn?
Answer to relevant QuestionsSuppose 70% of all companies are classified as small companies and the rest as large companies. Suppose further, 82% of large companies provide training to employees, but only 18% of small companies provide training. A ...The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes data on the benefits offered by small companies to their employees. Only 42% offer retirement plans while 61% offer life insurance. Suppose 33% offer both retirement plans and ...Health Rights Hotline published the results of a survey of 2,400 people in Northern California in which consumers were asked to share their complaints about managed care. The number one complaint was denial of care, with 17% ...In the mid-1990s, Colgate-Palmolive developed a new tooth-paste for the U.S. market, Colgate Total, with an antibacterial ingredient that was already being successfully sold overseas. However, the word antibacterial was not ...Shown here is a graph of a binomial distribution for n = 6. Study the graph and from the graph, estimate what you think is the mean of this distribution. Approximately what do you think is the value of p andwhy?
Post your question