Question: In large doses selenium is toxic However in moderate intake
In large doses, selenium is toxic. However, in moderate intake, selenium is a physiologically important element. How is selenium physiologically important?
Answer to relevant QuestionsWrite a balanced equation describing the reduction of H2SeO4 by SO2 to produce selenium. Explain why HF is a weak acid, whereas HCl, HBr, and HI are all strong acids. The electrolysis of aqueous sodium chloride (brine) is an important industrial process for the production of chlo-rine and sodium hydroxide. In fact, this process is the second largest consumer of electricity in the United ...The inert pair effect is sometimes used to explain the tendency of heavier members of Group 3A to exhibit 11 and 13 oxidation states. What does the inert pair effect reference? Bacterial digestion is an economical method of sewage treatment. The reaction is an intermediate step in the conversion of the nitrogen in organic compounds into nitrate ions. What mass of bacterial tissue is produced in a ...
Post your question