Indicate whether each of the following statements is true or false by writing T or F in the answer column.
1. The United States lacks the abundance of natural resources that many other countries have. 1. __________
2. Environmental regulation is not yet a distinct area of the law. 2. __________
3. The Clean Air Act of 1963 deals only with pollution within the boundaries of each state.
4. Included in the Clean Water Act are standards for water quality that allow navigable waterways to be used for the propagation of wildlife and for recreational purposes.
5. Applying the provisions of Superfund has been an easy process, and it has had uniform success. 5. __________
6. Businesses that create pollution frequently cause injury to people or damage to their property, and these businesses may be found liable by a court for the tort of negligence.
7. A public nuisance is created when a nuisance impacts public property, such as a navigable river or a state park. 7. __________
8. Many states recognize a cause of action for “particle trespass,” accepting the theory that businesses are trespassing on another person’s property with their pollution particles.
9. Excess noise (as measured in decibels) cannot affect human health and well- being.
10. Pursuant to the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976, manufacturers are required to test chemicals thoroughly prior to introducing them into commerce. 10. __________