Ingersoll Rand operates as a manufacturer in four segments: Air Conditioning Systems and Services, Climate Control Technologies, Industrial Technologies, and Security Technologies. They installed an Oracle enterprise system, a supply chain system and a customer relationship management system. They boast the following results (Source:http://search.oracle.com/search/search?start=1&search_p_main_operator=all&q=Ingersoll-rand+financials+case+study)
• Decreased direct product costs by 11 percent.
• Increased labor productivity by 16 percent.
• Increased inventory turns by four times.
• Decreased order processing time by 90 percent and decreased implementation time by 40 percent.
• Ensured minimal business disruption.
• Streamlined three customer centers to one.
Take each of these results and explain how the three systems (Enterprise system, supply chain system and customer relationship management system) affected these financial results and created value for the firm.