Question

Jonas Consulting enters into a contract to provide cost management consulting services over a one year period for $ 10,000 per month. At the end of the contract, Jonas will either give the customer a $ 24,000 refund or be entitled to an additional $ 24,000, depending on the level of cost savings. The company believes there is an 80% chance that it will be entitled to an additional $ 24,000 and a 20% chance it will give a refund of $ 24,000. In addition, Jonas believes it is probable that a significant reversal of any previously recognized revenue will not occur. The contract performance is determined to be satisfied over time.
Required:
1. Determine the monthly transaction price that Jonas should use for recording the contract and prepare Jonas’s journal entry at the end of the first month of the contract using the most likely amount approach.
2. Next Level What is the objective of determining the transaction price based on the amount of variable consideration?


$1.99
Sales2
Views32
Comments0
  • CreatedOctober 05, 2015
  • Files Included
Post your question
5000