Locate the most recent annual report of Carrefour Group, the French retail company and the second largest retailer in the world, on the company’s website: www.carrefour.com. You will find an electronic copy of the annual report in the “Finance: Publications and Presentations” section of the website. The report is in two parts: a summary “annual” report, and the more detailed “financial” report.
1. What types of financial information are contained in the “annual” report?
2. Besides the financial statements and related notes, what other types of information are contained in the “financial” report?
3. What types of financial statements are included in the “financial” report?
4. What country’s GAAP rules does Carrefour’s follow in preparing its financial statements?
5. How does the Carrefour’s statement of financial position (balance sheet) differ from those of U.S. companies?