Question: Mary and Richerd plan to establish a retail business that
Mary and Richerd plan to establish a retail business that will have outlets in six cities in a southeastern state. Because the business probably will generate losses in at least the first three years, they want to use an entity that will pass the losses through to them for both Federal and state income tax purposes. They have narrowed their choices to an S corporation and a limited liability company. Advise Mary and Richerd on selecting an entity form.
Answer to relevant QuestionsA favorably taxed fringe benefit is deductible by the employer and is excludible from the gross income of the employee. To what extent is this statement correct? Tammy and Willy own 40% of the stock of Roadrunner, an S corporation. The other 60% is owned by 99 other shareholders (all are single and unrelated). Tammy and Willy have agreed to a divorce and are in the process of ...Entity liabilities have an effect on a partner's basis in the partnership interest. Yet entity liabilities do not have any effect on a corporate shareholder's stock basis (for either a C corporation or an S corporation). ...Henry is a 50% partner in HJ Partnership. For 2015, the tax form he receives from HJ (Schedule K-1 of Form 1065) shows business income of $40,000. During 2015, Henry received a $10,000 distribution from HJ. a. How much must ...Mr. and Mrs. Coleman are going to establish a manufacturing business. They anticipate that the business will be profitable immediately due to a patent Mrs. Coleman holds. They predict that profits for the first year will be ...
Post your question