Match each of the numbered definitions with the correct term in the following list. Write the letter of your choice in the answer column.
c. Invitation to trade
d. Lapse of time
e. Mailbox rule
h. Public offer
i. Request for a proposal
1. A new and different response to an offer. 1. __________
2. A principle that states that an acceptance sent via the postal system or by courier is effective when sent. 2. __________
3. Agreement to a proposal or an offer. 3. __________
4. A call for a bid or estimate for materials to be furnished or work to be done.
5. The prevailing legal view of a newspaper advertisement. 5. __________
6. The offeror’s rescinding of an offer that has never been accepted by the offeree.
7. The party to whom an offer is made. 7. __________
8. The reason for termination of an offer that has not been accepted by the offeree within the time limits specified. 8. __________
9. An offer to large groups of people, only one of whom can accept. 9. __________
10. The person who makes an offer. 10. __________