Question: Pizza King PK and Noble Greek NG are competitive pizza
Pizza King (PK) and Noble Greek (NG) are competitive pizza chains. PK believes there is a 25% chance that NG will charge $6 per pizza, a 50% chance NG will charge $8 per pizza, and a 25% chance that NG will charge $10 per pizza. If PK charges price p1 and NG charges price p2, PK will sell 100 + 25(p2 - p1) pizzas. It costs PK $4 to make a pizza. PK is considering charging $5, $6, $7, $8, or $9 per pizza. To maximize its expected profit, what price should PK charge for a pizza?
Answer to relevant QuestionsMany decision problems have the following simple structure. A decision maker has two possible decisions, 1 and 2. If decision 1 is made, a sure cost of c is incurred. If decision 2 is made, there are two possible outcomes, ...George Lindsey (1959) looked at box scores of more than 1000 baseball games and found the expected number of runs scored in an inning for each on-base and out situation to be as listed in the file P06_64.xlsx. For example, ...A retired partner from a large brokerage firm has one million dollars available to invest in particular stocks or bonds. Each investment’s annual rate of return depends on the state of the economy in the coming year. The ...The Ventron Engineering Company has just been awarded a $2 million development contract by the U.S. Army Aviation Systems Command to develop a blade spar for its Heavy Lift Helicopter program. The blade spar is a metal tube ...This problem illustrates an interesting variation of simple random sampling.a. Open a blank spreadsheet and use the RAND() function to create a column of 1000 random numbers. Don’t freeze them. This is actually a simple ...
Post your question