Presented below is information related to Lor Co.
1. On April 5, purchased merchandise from Garcia Company for $19,000, terms 2/10, net/30, FOB shipping point.
2. On April 6, paid freight costs of $800 on merchandise purchased from Garcia.
3. On April 7, purchased equipment on account from Holifield Mfg. Co. for $23,000.
4. On April 8, returned merchandise, which cost $4,000, to Garcia Company.
5. On April 15, paid the amount due to Garcia Company in full.
(a) Prepare the journal entries to record these transactions on the books of Lor Co. using a periodic inventory system.
(b) Assume that Lor Co. paid the balance due to Garcia Company on May 4 instead of April 15. Prepare the journal entry to record this payment.