Question: Sarah is a college student who was late for class
Sarah is a college student who was late for class. She tried to cross the street in the middle of the block instead of at the intersection corner where a traffic light was in operation. A motorist hit her. Although Sarah placed herself in danger, she may be able to collect for her injuries if she can show that the motorist had an opportunity to avoid hitting her but failed to do so. Identify the legal rule that might apply in Sarah's case.
Answer to relevant QuestionsMatthew was involved in an auto accident. He was judged to be 40 percent at fault in the accident, and the other party was judged to be 60 percent at fault.Matthew's actual damages were $50,000. Under a pure comparative ...Explain the following types of damages:a. Compensatory damages (special damages and general damages)b. Punitive damagesHeather owns a home with a replacement cost of $400,000 that is insured under a Homeowners 3 policy for $280,000. The roof was badly damaged in a severe windstorm, and it will cost $20,000 to repair the roof. The actual cash ...Identify the basic types of homeowner’s policies that are used today.A home buyer may obtain a mortgage loan to purchase a house. Explain briefly how the mortgage clause protects the insurable interest of the lending institution (mortgagee).
Post your question