Question: Since the fall of 2008 millions of Americans have lost
Since the fall of 2008, millions of Americans have lost jobs due to the economic meltdown. A recent study shows that unemployment has not impacted white-collar and blue-collar workers equally (Newsweek, April 20, 2009). According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics report, while the national unemployment rate is 8.5%, it is only 4.3% for those with a college degree. It is fair to assume that 27% of people in the labor force are college educated. You have just heard that another worker in a large firm has been laid of. What is the probability that the worker is college educated?
Answer to relevant QuestionsAccording to results from the Spine Patient Outcomes Research Trial, or SPORT, surgery for a painful, common back condition resulted in significantly reduced back pain and better physical function than treatment with drugs ...A recent report suggests that business majors spend the least amount of time on course work than all other college students (The New York Times, November 17, 2011). A provost of a university decides to conduct a survey where ...Complete the following probabilitytable.An analyst thinks that next year there is a 20% chance that the world economy will be good, a 50% chance that it will be neutral, and a 30% chance that it will be poor. She also predicts probabilities that the performance of ...Wooden boxes are commonly used for the packaging and transportation of mangoes. A convenience store in Morganville, New Jersey, regularly buys mangoes from a wholesale dealer. For every shipment, the manager randomly ...
Post your question