Question: Smith Company is required to charge customers an 8 sales
Smith Company is required to charge customers an 8% sales tax on all goods it sells. Smith Company includes sales tax in its sales amount. At the end of May, Smith Company’s sales account for May has a credit balance of $540,000. Prepare the sales tax adjusting journal entry for the end of May.
Answer to relevant QuestionsWallace Corporation summarizes the following information from its weekly payroll records during April.Prepare the two journal entries to record the payment of the payroll and the accrual of its payroll taxes for April. ...On January 4, 2010, Dunbar Company purchased, on credit, 2,000 television sets at $500 each. Terms of the purchase were 2/10, n/30. Dunbar paid for 20% of these sets on January 13 and the remaining 80% on February ...On December 5, 2010, Super Circuit Store sold gift certificates totaling $4,000. By December 31, 2010 all but $750 worth of these certificates had been redeemed for merchandise. Outstanding certificates were then redeemed by ...The Rosen Corporation was formed on December 12, 2009. It plans to close its books annually each December 31. The corporation is located in Lanmark City and Apple County. The fiscal period of these two governmental units ...On January 1 (the authorization date) of the current year, GoldenEye Company issues $500,000 of 9% bonds at 103. These bonds pay interest on June 30 and December 31. Prepare the journal entry to record the issuance of the ...
Post your question